I’m glad to announce that the Mac n’ Cheese recipe was a huge success! Here’s the link to the original recipe, but below, you’ll find my version of it. I’ve made a few modifications to it and it was PERFECT! I’ll put the recipe on my recipe page!
- 1 pound whole wheat macaroni
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 cup unsweetened nondairy milk (I used my homemade almond milk)
- 3 tablespoons mild-tasting oil (I used canola oil)
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup flour (I used all-purpose)
- 3/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups frozen vegetables of your choices
- 1 slice of whole grain bread
3. Heat on medium heat until the mixture begins to bubble and thicken. In the meantime, cook your frozen vegetables in the microwave according to package.
4. Keep whisking as the mixture thickens and bubbles; do this for 1-2 minutes, and then turn the heat down. Keep whisking. After a spell, your “cheese” sauce should be nice and thick. Turn the heat off, and cover your saucepan.
5. Drain pasta well when done, and return noodles to the pot. Add your vegetables and all of your “cheese” sauce to the noodles, and stir well.
6. Toast your slice of bread in the toaster and pulse it in the food processor once it is toasted. Spread breadcrumbs on top of your Mac n’ Cheese. Enjoy!