What a nice surprise it was to wake up this morning and notice I had been nominated for the Versatile Blogger Award by Amy at Crazy. Sweaty. Mommy! You should go read her! She’s funny and quirky, she likes Crossfit and running too. Even though I’ve never met her, I feel like I know her well from the sincerity of her posts. My very 1st blog award! Thanks Amy! I’ve been meaning to get to work regarding the rules of the award, but it’s been a crazy day for me yet again. Ben had to leave early for a squash tournament and I was at home with 2 über snotty, sick, cranky girls. It was not a fun day and I decided to escape by going to watch Ben play his final match. Rina usually likes going to the squash club, but I was rewarded to another meltdown when she wanted her Yayoo (her lovey) and she realized we had left it home (after she categorically refused to bring it with her). I digress… Back to the award!
Here are the rules:
- Display the award on your blog-done
- Announce the win with a post and link it back to your nominator as a ‘thank you’-done
- Present 15 awards to those of your choosing-done
- Post 7 things about yourself
Here are the 7 things about myself:
- My mother tongue is French and I speak French to the girls when we’re alone at home (pretty much all the time).
- I became bilingual in my early 20’s.
- Our girls (Rina – the eldest and Béatrice – the baby) were born on the same day, 2 years apart!
- I am slightly OCD: I like to count things: I can pretty much tell you the amount of steps in any staircase I’m around. Weird, I know…
- Ben (my husband) is my rock. He keeps me strong and keeps the mood light when I make it heavier than needed. I love him more than words can say!
- I’m a NICU nurse (NICU = Neonatal Intensive Care Unit). I work with premature and sick term babies. It is a wonderful job most of the time and heartbreaking at other. (I’m currently on maternity)
- I can dislocate my jaw on demand!
Now for the blogs I nominate for the Versatile Blogger Award: some are about family, some are about knitting, some are about fitness because those are my interests. All have made me laugh out loud at one point or another so you should go visit them!
The nominees are:
- Crazy Purls
- Skyscrapers and String
- The Adventures of Fanny P.
- Flawed and Fabulous Mom
- A Vegan Kitchen
- Kids “R” Simple
- Couch to Cut
- Adventures in Eating Real Food
- Trousdell Five
- E and L Adventures
I know it’s a lot of work to abide to the award (heck, I just went through it myself!), but don’t see it as a task. See it as a chance to increase readership and also, a badge of honour. By receiving this award, know that I like reading blogs, but I LOVE reading your blogs most of all!