- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 1 cup hot water
- 1 large spaghetti squash
- 2 tbsp pesto
- 2 cups of fresh baby spinach
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 700g lean ground turkey
- 1/3 cup cranberries (I used Craisins)
- salt and pepper to taste (I used Herbamare instead of salt)
- Soak cashews in 1 cup of hot water for at least 30 minutes.
- Place whole spaghetti squash on a dinner plate in the microwave. Microwave for 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from microwave and allow to sit for 5 to 10 minutes. Be careful, this puppy will be HOT. Cut in half and remove seeds carefully. After seeds have been discarded, use a fork to separate out the spaghetti-like strands.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add ground turkey and cook over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until turkey is fully cooked. Season to taste with Herbamare and pepper. When turkey is cooked, add Craisins and spinach, turn heat down to medium. Cook until Spinach is wilted. Add spaghetti squash and pesto and stir to combine. Lower heat and allow to cook, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, in the bowl of a food processor (or high-speed blender), add soaked cashews and half of soaking liquid. Process on high and blend everything together until mixture is smooth and creamy. Add red pepper flakes. Blend everything together. Taste and adjust seasoning. Add more water or olive oil to thin to your desired consistency.
- Add creamy cashew pesto sauce to the large skillet with the spaghetti squash mixture. Stir until the squash mixture is coated evenly.
- Serve and enjoy this easy-peasy comfort-food dinner! 🙂