Now, That Was Insane!

I looked at the WOD last night and I was happy to see we would be doing some lifts (which meant I could try on my new lifting shoes! 🙂 ), but I also saw we would be doing pull-ups and push presses which meant I had to do something about the calluses on my hands. They have been bugging me for the past week and I took my Angel Feet Mini Pro II and filed the crap out of those calluses! It still feels like I have a blister under the right callous, but it was much better at the Box today.

BTW, I love the shoes, they are extremely comfortable, support the midsole very well, have a very roomy toe box and are very supple on top. I kept them on for the WOD and they were fine throughout and offered good toe grip for the burpee part of the WOD. Perfect for me!

My lovely oly lifter shoes!

My lovely oly lifter shoes!

I started warming up like I usually do and other people were showing up as well… at a steady flow… not seeming to stop! We ended up being 22 at the 0600 class this morning! It was INSANE, but in a good way! The Box was buzzing and the vibe gave me a different kind of energy I had never felt before! It was truly awesome! 🙂 We took a picture of the group after the class was done and I’ll ask the Box if I can post it on here.

Because we were so many, we had to team up in teams of 3 for the skill and the WOD as well.

We started our push presses with 55# and I did the following reps:


I was the only one of my group to go up to 70#. It felt strong and I think I could have gone higher by a little more. Next time!

For the WOD, I chose to go for the FG1 group and here’s what I did:

5 rounds:

  • 5 power cleans at 55# (that was hard, but I managed to get through all 5 sets better than I thought I would)
  • 7 burpess
  • 9 chest-to-bar with red and green band (I really need to decrease those bands, maybe green alone or red and blue together. I was aiming at pull-ups and kept flying over the bar into chest-to-bar)
  • 42 single skip

My average time of my fastest and slowest combined was 3:40 (1:45, 1:55, 1:50, 1:51, 1:54). I really wish I could have done a 6th round, but at the beginning of my 3rd round, I felt a pinch in my left shoulder that lingered all through my 4th round as well, so I chose not to push it. I rolled my shoulder on a Lacrosse ball after we were done and I will apply some heat to it and keep rolling it out today.

It was so great to have all these people to work out with, everybody was sweaty and smiling at the end, it was really neat!

I came back home a little later than usual and Ben was still in bed. He was complaining of not having a good night (I already knew that as he was tossing and turning for most of it). He got up, thought he had a fever (nothing on the thermometer) and said he felt like he would pass out. I told him to go back to bed and I hope some rest is all he needs in order to feel better. We had planned a “date night sans kiddos” tonight and have booked a sitter so we could go out to dinner. Heaven knows we need a little time as a couple since it’s just been crazy the past week. With me being back to work and Ben traveling again next weekend, we won’t have the chance to do that again soon 😦 Keeping my fingers crossed!

2 thoughts on “Now, That Was Insane!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s