Papou has generously offered to help us out financially to get the bedrooms painted since it’s almost impossible to get anything done with 2 toddlers around the house. We have hired a painter to help paint the bedrooms and he started earlier this week. I’m glad we decided to go that route and that we were offered help to do so. It has been a very good decision and the painter is quick and efficient.
We have also put in an order for Rina’s bedroom furniture, but we will only be receiving it early October. In the meantime, I plan on separating the girls from sharing a bedroom as soon as the painting is done. Béatrice has been acting up at bedtime and it keeps Rina awake for no reason whatsoever. When the painting will be done, Béatrice will come out of her crib and go into Rina’s toddler bed. For her part, Rina will sleep on her toddler mattress on the floor of her bedroom until we receive her furniture. I’m hoping to do this transition this week since I’m still on vacation (and will be ok with the sleep deprivation that I’m almost certain will ensue from the process of splitting up the girls).
Today, we are also signing a contract to change the 11 windows that need to be upgraded in the house. Our house was built in 1918 and the windows are original windows wood frame and warped glass included! We will upgrade for vinyl windows but keep with the same style of windows we currently have, except for the one in the staircase leading upstairs. I will make sure to ask if they can keep the stained glass intact on the frame so I will be able to hang it back up on top of the new window in the living room and I think I will keep one of the windowpane from the living room and re-purpose it using the frame of the window and installing a mirror instead of the window pane and use that as mirror for the half-bath on the main floor. Although we are signing the contract for the windows today, it won’t get done until the 1st week of October, so just in time for the cooler weather and hopefully, that will help with our heating cost over the winter! 🙂
Here’s the progress below!