That’s right! Let me explain.
Béatrice has taken it upon herself to gradually potty-train herself. That means she wears pull-ups during the day and she lets us know, of her own free will when she needs to pee or when she has peed in her diaper. Sometimes she’ll make it to her potty or the toilet, sometimes, she doesn’t and we just change her pull-up. Fine by me, I’m not really stressing out about it since she just turned 2. My problem is with her poop. She doesn’t go on a daily basis and when she does go, it’s usually in her bed, at nap time, and it usually ends up EVERYWHERE: on her clothes, on her bed sheets, on the mattress cover as well as her duvet cover. Which means that I’ve been washing her entire beddings pretty much every other day. The whole process takes close to 1hr because of all this:
- I put Béatrice in the bath tub and strip her down. I then use the telephone shower to hose her down and soap her up real good. I rinse her, then dry her. We put on a new diaper, new clothes and she usually goes to play with Rina downstairs.
- I then hose her clothes down in the tub or in the bathroom sink before I go strip her bed. I then rinse all the stained bed sheets in the tub as well, before putting away all the poopy laundry in the washing machine.
- I go back upstairs to clean her mattress (thank goodness she still has a crib mattress that is covered in vinyl and wipes up easily) before I put new bed sheets on her bed.
- Finally, I go back to the washroom to clean the sink and the bath tub.
We’re gonna have to put her back in diapers for her naps if she keeps this up because I’m getting fed up very quickly of this crappy routine (pun intended)!
If you have any tricks you’d like to share with us, please let us know. My husband, myself and the Nanny would be eternally grateful if we didn’t have to wipe poop off Béatrice’s bed for the next little while!
Tonight I had a bath.
Not just a quick, rub-down, get out because the girls are screaming bath, no siree.
I had a relaxing, candlelit bath. All by my lonesome self. Sure, it wasn’t very long (about 15 mins) compared to my reading sessions in the bathtub pre-kids and the girls were still picking at one another, but they were downstairs with Ben and I managed to relax a bit. I think the last time I took a bath with some candles, I was pregnant with Rina.
The girls are growing up slowly and they are getting more and more independent as the days go by, which means, that sometimes, I get to enjoy 15 mins to myself! It’s not much, but it’s a start.
Then again, I can never stay away from the girls too long. I still go kiss them in their sleep every night. While Rina is a mess of hair all over her face and never usually has her blankets on her, Béatrice just lies in her toddler bed and smiles in her sleep EVERY TIME I kiss her. It warms my heart to know that she is happy, even while sound asleep. The constant inner tug-of-war of this BabyMama: needing time for myself and wanting to be with the girls. It’s all about balancing it all!
Remember yesterday, when I wrote that the WOD felt easy and I didn’t really feel like I had worked out at all? FAMOUS. LAST. WORDS!
My butt and quads are so sore, I couldn’t stand to have either of the girls sitting on my lap today! 😦 Never underestimate the power of a WOD and the soreness that will inevitably follow.
Also, during the Skill yesterday, I realized I had put the pegs (whatever you call those little things to hold your bar up on the rig) too low for my back squats. My bar was already loaded up at 55#. I picked it up, put it on the floor, raised my peg-thingies just as Coach Caleb came by and asked if I needed help to pick my bar back up. I almost laughed and said a very confident “No” before proceeding to power cleaning my bar and racking it back up. That’s when Coach Caleb said:
I remember when you couldn’t even clean an empty bar.
I remember it well too and it doesn’t seem that long ago. I know 55# isn’t heavy, but I HAVE improved over the past 9 months and it would seem I am not the only one noticing…
Have I ever mentioned how much I love Crossfit?!?
I was just making my way to the bath tub when my landlord’s son (the one doing the renos since May) knocks on my door and asks me to move my car from the driveway so he can unload some building material. I grab my key and make my way outside, all the while thinking: “Add that to the list of annoyances!”
As my landlord’s son walks behind me, he asks:
Have you been working out? It shows!
Yay! All this hard work is starting to pay off and people are noticing too! Now, if I could just get me some sleep, life would be golden!
As I’m putting the girls to bed, I asked Rina if she had a good day. “Yes!!!” was her resounding answer. “What was your favorite part of the day honey?”
We went to Costco and I got her a pouting for lunch. I guess I know the way to her heart!
In the darkness of yours and your sister’s room, the two of you are piled onto my lap as I am slowly rocking you to sleep. There is no sound other than your sister’s mobile’s music, playing softly in the background. Out of nowhere, you say:
You my best friend Mama. Never never.
(You’re my best friend Mama. Forever and ever.)
And that, my sweet girl, made this overall crappy day, one of the best I’ve had so far.
As my heart filled with love, tears filled my eyes and I hugged you closer. You sure know the way to your Mama’s heart! I hope to remain your best friend forever and ever too ma Cocotte!
I made this today (for some meals this week) with the only following modifications:
- I used 2 tbsp of Sriracha (it’s all I had on hand) as the hot sauce which makes this meal definitely NOT kid-friendly! Maybe I’ll decrease that amount to 1 tbsp or even 1/2 tbsp next time.
- I used the 1/2 cup of almond flour
- I used ground turkey instead of ground chicken
PaleOMG – Paleo Recipes – Buffalo Chicken Mini Meatloaf.
This was super quick and easy to make and despite the really strong kick to it, the meatloaf is really good and very moist. Maybe I’ll diffuse some of the heat it has by mixing it over salads this week.
Give it a try and let me know what you think!
I woke up at 0530 and my first thought was “Ahhh! It’s nice to sleep in!” I was always a morning person, but this is ridiculous! I guess I have my 0600 Crossfit class and being a mother of 2 girls under 3 years old to blame for this! 😉 Oh well, I’m awake now, might as well go shower and start this day!
A quick “Thank You” to everyone who has left very supportive and positive comments on my last post (whether on here or on Facebook). So far, I haven’t had to delete any comments! 😉 Your kind words mean a lot and although I was extremely nervous about posting the comparison picture on here, I feel better about it now. It’s my way of remaining true to myself and whoever else is reading me. Thanks again! I feel the love! ♥
- My blog is under attack… Spam comments attack I mean. I get over 50/day. Annoying to have to delete all of them. Anybody knows how to prevent this from happening?
- My kitchen is under attack… Fruit flies galore. I have had a bowl of apple cider vinegar out for 24hrs and although they have all gathered on the rim of the bowl, they are not actually drowning in it. I’ll give the bowl another 24hrs, but that’s as long as I’m willing to tolerate the smell…
- Rina staring at a picture of a beautiful and graceful ballerina at the store today while we were shopping for her ballet outfit:
Beau-ti-ful ballerina! Beau-ti-ful like mama!
Thanks honey, I haven’t been graceful or skinny like the picture since, well, my days as a ballet dancer, but I’ll take your compliment!
- Rina in the bathtub, pretending to wash Béatrice:
I wash you Béa. You my pony!
I wonder what goes through her head sometimes…
- Folding laundry this afternoon, I couldn’t help to smell my hubby’s t-shirt. They smell like him and make me miss him that much more. He’s only gone for the weekend, but I find myself missing him lots. I think I might have to snuggle to one of his t-shirts tonight when I go to bed!
- I finally feel like I have my sh** together. The girls and I have a routine somewhat established and it seems to be working out well lately. It only took nine months!
- Putting Béatrice down for her nap this afternoon, I was hugging her and she hugged me back. At that precise moment, I realized she wasn’t a baby anymore and I found myself missing holding a newborn for only a second, but it was such a powerful realization, I felt like crying. I’m also very aware how contradicting the last two tidbits are to one another.
- I killed a giant spider at the box today. That MOFO got no pity from me and it wasn’t going to attack me mid-WOD either! No regrets!
- Saw this on the Box’s Facebook page today and it made me laugh it’s so true:
I know the feeling too well!
- It’s raining and there’s a chill in the air. Almost enough to make a fire in the fireplace, but we don’t have any wood yet (the landlord hasn’t ordered it yet for the winter). I guess I’ll have to curl up under my Cozy Ocean Blanket.
- I miss my Ben. Did I mention that, already? Well, I do. Babe, I love you and I miss you. See you Sunday! ♥